What We Discuss with Seth Art:
- 00:00 Introduction
- 04:24 A bit about Seth
- 06:10 Web App Pentesting vs Cloud Pentesting
- 08:11 Working with scale of multiple AWS accounts
- 10:20 What can you expect to find with Cloud Pentesting?
- 12:14 Foundational pieces about approaching pentesting in Cloud
- 15:19 How to start a Cloud Pentest?
- 18:25 The importance of IAM
- 23:43 Common services in AWS to look at
- 25:58 Mistakes people make for scoping
- 29:18 The role of shared responsibility in Cloud Pentesting
- 32:38 Boundaries for AWS pentesting
- 35:13 Nmapping between 2 EC2 instances
- 36:37 How do you explain the findings?
- 40:26 Skillsets required to transition to Cloud Pentesting
- 45:41 Transitioning from Kubernetes to Cloud Pentesting
- 48:55 Resources for learning about Cloud Pentesting.
- 49:47 The Fun Section
THANKS, Seth Art!
If you enjoyed this session with Seth Art, let him know by clicking on the link below and sending him a quick shout out at his website:
Click here to thank Seth Art on Linkedin!
Click here to let Ashish know about your number one takeaway from this episode!
And if you want us to answer your questions on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resources from This Episode
- Cloud Fox – https://github.com/BishopFox/cloudfox
- iam-vulnerable – https://github.com/BishopFox/iam-vulnerable
- BadPods – https://github.com/BishopFox/badPods