What We Discuss with Andrew Brown:
- 00:00 Introduction
- 04:04 Guest Professional Background
- 05:25 What Technical Skills are required for an Azure Security role?
- 07:25 Building Blocks for Application in Azure
- 09:29 Building Blocks for Infrastructure in Azure
- 12:22 Governance components for Infrastructure in Azure
- 14:53 Most common Compute being used on Azure
- 16:12 Is Azure used as a PaaS more than for building infrastructure?
- 18:13 Certification for Security roles in Azure?
- 20:07 Technical knowledge required for moving from AWS to Azure?
- 21:35 Can we only use PowerShell in Azure?
- 23:15 What Security Foundations can Startups use in their Azure environment today?
- 25:40 Benchmark for securing Application in Azure?
- 27:28 Does Microsoft Security Centre enough for securing Azure hosted applications?
- 29:53 Examples of security services in Azure?
- 34:04 What kind of application are perfect for Azure?
- 35:47 Does Azure need open source tool for security similar to AWS?
- 38:20 What are certs or knowledge outside of Azure Certifications people should look at?
- 40:17 Is Azure more developer/sysadmin focused?
- 41:55 Importance of Compliance Certifications in Azure?
- 44:11 What is Azure Confidential Computing?
- 45:15 Where can you find Andrew Brown on socials?
THANKS, Andrew Brown!
If you enjoyed this session with Andrew Brown, let him know by clicking on the link below and sending him a quick shout out at Twitter:
And if you want us to answer your questions on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.