What We Discuss with Akash Ganapathi:
- 00:00 Intro
- 01:40 Akash’s Professional Background
- 02:45 How is Asset defined in a Modern Security Stack?
- 03:41 What is currently done for Asset Management in Modern Security Stack?
- 05:06 Is CMDB not cool anymore?
- 06:09 Is current Asset Management split of Excel and CMDB?
- 07:00 Link between Graph Database and Asset Management?
- 09:09 Example of Graph database Use Case 11:48 Aren’t Excel sheet straightforward?
- 13:22 What is CAASM?
- 15:15 How is CAASM affecting Asset Management space?
- 17:28 Does Asset Ownership pose a challenge for Asset Management?
- 20:43 CAASM in Incident Response
- 22:20 Is IoT part of CAASM
- 25:20 Make an Open Source CAASM based Asset Management?
- 27:08 Is the role technical for an Asset Management job these days?
- 28:54 Good Resource for CAASM and Asset Management space?
- 29:46 Fun Section
THANKS, Akash Ganapathi!
If you enjoyed this session with Akash Ganapathi, let him know by clicking on the link below and sending him a quick shout out at Linkedin:
And if you want us to answer your questions on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resources from This Episode
- JupiterOne reaches Unicorn Status – https://techcrunch.com/2022/06/02/jupiterone-raises-70m-at-a-1b-valuation-to-help-track-manage-and-secure-complex-cyber-assets
- Gartner CAASM – https://www.gartner.com/en/newsroom/press-releases/2022-03-07-gartner-identifies-top-security-and-risk-management-trends-for-2022
- JupiterOne Starbase – https://try.jupiterone.com/blog/jupiterone-contributes-starbase-to-open-source-community
- CAASM Documentation – askj1.Com