What We Discuss with Karthik Ramamoorthy:
- 00:00 Intro
- 03:07 Karthik’s Professional Background
- 05:43 What is Cloud Native eco-system?
- 07:10 What is a Container eco-system?
- 08:07 Relevance of NIST CSF in Financial Services?
- 09:50 Why should companies care about NIST?
- 11:26 Can NIST be automated which is required for Containers? 13:40 Challenges for NIST in Financial services?
- 15:10 NIST – Identify pillar for container eco-system?
- 18:06 NIST Identify for BU owners?
- 18:59 Should POC be the starting point for implementing prove value to business?
- 20:16 NIST – Protect pillar for container eco-system?
- 27:09 Would you send Microservices (east-west traffic) through internet?
- 29:50 Threats to Containers compared to traditional VMs or OS?
- 31:41 Is the managed service from CSP make it better?
- 32:48 Are there Binary Auth in most CSPs?
- 33:26 What is Binary Auth in relation to containers?
- 35:15 NIST – Detect pillar for container eco-system?
- 38:43 Need for Confidential Computing in Financial Services?
- 40:35 What is Policy as Code and how to deploy them?
- 42:15 NIST – Respond & Recover pillar for container eco-system?
- 45:52 How long to complete Respond and Recover?
- 47:00 Implementing NIST for those starting today?
- 48:41 What should people start with first?
- 50:48 Learning about Container security?
- 53:04 Fun Section
THANKS, Karthik Ramamoorthy!
If you enjoyed this session with Karthik Ramamoorthy, let him know by clicking on the link below and sending him a quick shout out at Linkedin:
And if you want us to answer your questions on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resources from This Episode
- Karthik’s RSA Talk – 2022