What We Discuss with Karthik Ramamoorthy:
- 00:00 Intro
- 03:07 Karthik’s Professional Background
- 05:43 What is Cloud Native eco-system?
- 07:10 What is a Container eco-system?
- 08:07 Relevance of NIST CSF in Financial Services?
- 09:50 Why should companies care about NIST?
- 11:26 Can NIST be automated which is required for Containers? 13:40 Challenges for NIST in Financial services?
- 15:10 NIST – Identify pillar for container eco-system?
- 18:06 NIST Identify for BU owners?
- 18:59 Should POC be the starting point for implementing prove value to business?
- 20:16 NIST – Protect pillar for container eco-system?
- 27:09 Would you send Microservices (east-west traffic) through internet?
- 29:50 Threats to Containers compared to traditional VMs or OS?
- 31:41 Is the managed service from CSP make it better?
- 32:48 Are there Binary Auth in most CSPs?
- 33:26 What is Binary Auth in relation to containers?
- 35:15 NIST – Detect pillar for container eco-system?
- 38:43 Need for Confidential Computing in Financial Services?
- 40:35 What is Policy as Code and how to deploy them?
- 42:15 NIST – Respond & Recover pillar for container eco-system?
- 45:52 How long to complete Respond and Recover?
- 47:00 Implementing NIST for those starting today?
- 48:41 What should people start with first?
- 50:48 Learning about Container security?
- 53:04 Fun Section
THANKS, Karthik Ramamoorthy!
If you enjoyed this session with Karthik Ramamoorthy, let him know by clicking on the link below and sending him a quick shout out at Linkedin:
Click here to thank Karthik Ramamoorthy at Linkedin!
Click here to let Ashish know about your number one takeaway from this episode!
And if you want us to answer your questions on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at email@example.com.
Resources from This Episode
- Karthik’s RSA Talk – 2022