What We Discuss with Jeevan Singh:
- 00:00 Intro Music
- 01:39 https://snyk.io/csp
- 01:55 Ashish’s Intro to the Episode
- 03:05 Jeevan’s Professional Background
- 05:01 What is Threat Modelling in 2022
- 06:21 Flicking the Threat Modelling switch
- 07:34 Common AppSec Mistake
- 10:50 Why is Threat Modelling important?
- 12:47 Data Flow Analysis/Arch diagram and Threat Modelling
- 14:13 Where does this fit in CI/CD?
- 15:48 Security Teams going on vacation made possible
- 17:04 Impact of teaching developers how to run Threat Model
- 18:03 First time running Observe Phase of Threat Modelling with Developers
- 18:42 Developers are better at Threat Model than Security
- 20:44 Level of programming expertise for Threat Modelling
- 23:11 Fixing Threats vs Finding relevant controls for the threat
- 23:44 Bad example of role of Threat Modelling in Business
- 25:24 Should Threat Model be done in Dev?
- 26:38 Example of Threat Model for an App hosted in Cloud?
- 29:13 Threat Model Skeleton for Cloud Native Apps
- 32:05 Does complexity increase with multi-cloud/hybrid environments?
- 34:20 What’s involved in rolling a Threat model program in an organisation?
- 38:19 Who is the minimum representation in Threat modelling session?
- 40:23 Advice for folks who are starting threat modelling today in their organization
- 43:52 Cultural Change required for Threat Modelling
- 45:12 Example of getting Management agreement
- 46:52 Jeevan’s talk – BSides SF 2022
- 47:21 Time-boxing Threat Model Sessions
- 50:14 Maintaining Quality of Risk identified during threat modelling
- 52:14 Keeping developers updated on latest security vulnerabilities
- 56:01 Jeevan’s Favourite Threat Model Type
- 57:03 Where can people learn threat modelling?
- 58:13 Fun Section
THANKS, Jeevan Singh!
If you enjoyed this session with Jeevan Singh, let him know by clicking on the link below and sending him a quick shout out at Linkedin:
Click here to thank Jeevan Singh at Linkedin!
Click here to let Ashish know about your number one takeaway from this episode!
And if you want us to answer your questions on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at email@example.com.