What We Discuss with Ashish Desai:
- 00:00 Intro
- 05:50 Ashish Desai’s Professional Background
- 06:21 Academic Freedom and no firewall
- 07:12 What are the roles and responsibilities of an AWS cloud security architect?
- 09:27 Difference between managing permissions between onpremise vs Cloud service provider
- 13:02 Running Windows 2003 on AWS EC2 Bare Metal
- 13:28 Running Old Virtual Servers on AWS
- 14:13 Cloud is secure by default
- 14:54 CI/CD with Github and Terraform is not common
- 15:28 Do people use CI/CD?
- 15:37 Traditional on-premise staff is your new cloud engineer 16:50 Business are not fully advanced
- 17:47 Failed Kubernetes Deployment in production example
- 18:45 Managed and Bare Metal Kubernetes can only maintain 1 replica
- 19:10 What is 1 replica in Kubernetes?
- 20:36 Problem with stateful app running on Kubernetes
- 21:35 Change Management in Cloud
- 21:57 Deployment phases in Cloud
- 22:34 Why was ServiceNow required?
- 24:39 Why ServiceNow couldn’t keep up?
- 26:33 Native Solutions bypass Change Management
- 28:43 Role of Security Architect in a New Cloud World
- 29:53 DevExperience is holding Cloud Adoption success
- 32:08 CyberProfessionals to know atleast 1 language to be succesful
- 32:27 Do Architect need to know how to code in Enterprise context?
- 33:24 Knowing Code to understand the lay of the land
- 35:22 Has the Architecture Frameworks changed in the Cloud world?
- 37:15 What other skillsets outside of coding is required to be successful in Cloud
- 39:54 Should we care about being Cloud agnostic?
- 40:41 Architecture for Operational side of Cloud Security?
- 43:51 Practical things for advancing Cloud skills?
- 48:36 Can anyone come out of uni and become a Cloud Security Architect
- 50:32 Resources for education on Cloud security architects
- 51:36 Fun Section
THANKS, Ashish Desai!
If you enjoyed this session with Ashish Desai, let him know by clicking on the link below and sending him a quick shout out at Linkedin:
Click here to thank Ashish Desai at Linkedin!
Click here to let Ashish know about your number one takeaway from this episode!
And if you want us to answer your questions on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at email@example.com.