What We Discuss with Andy Ellis:
Questions asked during the Interview 👇
- 00:00 Intro
- 03:12 Andy’s journey to CISO role?
- 07:07 Securing a Site a Military Perspective vs CyberSecurity Perspective
- 13:04 What Security things did you have to convince people off that are now standards?
- 15:05 Is CyberSecurity Enabling business?
- 16:59 What is Zero Trust?
- 19:29 Is ability for a Staff to login from any Company Device wrong?
- 21:00 CISO Challenges in a Security Company?
- 21:52 How Akamai became a Security Company?
- 25:22 Building a Security Product in your non-Security company?
- 26:55 Challenges for CISO’s role in a Pandemic World
- 30:01 Qualities of a Successful CISO
- 31:31 Challenge of implementing 2FA in a company?
- 32:45 What is an Operating Partner in a VC Firm?
- 36:23 Are the Israeli startups you advice Security companies?
- 38:02 Challenges as a CISO Advisor for Startup
- 40:35 Patterns that Israeli Startups are doing wrong?
- 43:38 Two Fav Startups currently in the YL Partner Portfolio
- 45:54 What skillset should one have to get into a CISO Advisory Role?
- 47:26 Sales element to the CISO Advisory Role?
- 49:11 Fun Section
THANKS, Andy Ellis!
If you enjoyed this session with Andy Ellis, let him know by clicking on the link below and sending her a quick shout out at Twitter:
And if you want us to answer your questions on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resources from This Episode:
- Tools & services, discussed during the Interview