What We Discuss with Andy Ellis:
Questions asked during the Interview 👇
- 00:00 Intro
- 03:12 Andy’s journey to CISO role?
- 07:07 Securing a Site a Military Perspective vs CyberSecurity Perspective
- 13:04 What Security things did you have to convince people off that are now standards?
- 15:05 Is CyberSecurity Enabling business?
- 16:59 What is Zero Trust?
- 19:29 Is ability for a Staff to login from any Company Device wrong?
- 21:00 CISO Challenges in a Security Company?
- 21:52 How Akamai became a Security Company?
- 25:22 Building a Security Product in your non-Security company?
- 26:55 Challenges for CISO’s role in a Pandemic World
- 30:01 Qualities of a Successful CISO
- 31:31 Challenge of implementing 2FA in a company?
- 32:45 What is an Operating Partner in a VC Firm?
- 36:23 Are the Israeli startups you advice Security companies?
- 38:02 Challenges as a CISO Advisor for Startup
- 40:35 Patterns that Israeli Startups are doing wrong?
- 43:38 Two Fav Startups currently in the YL Partner Portfolio
- 45:54 What skillset should one have to get into a CISO Advisory Role?
- 47:26 Sales element to the CISO Advisory Role?
- 49:11 Fun Section
THANKS, Andy Ellis!
If you enjoyed this session with Andy Ellis, let him know by clicking on the link below and sending her a quick shout out at Twitter:
Click here to thank Andy Ellis at Twitter!
Click here to let Ashish know about your number one takeaway from this episode!
And if you want us to answer your questions on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resources from This Episode:
- Tools & services, discussed during the Interview