What We Discuss with Madhu Akula:
- What is Kubernetes for people who don’t know?
- What is Cloud native and it’s relevance to Kubernetes?
- Kubernetes deployed in productionIs Kubernetes insecure by Design? Why?
- Top 3 Security by design or default flaw in Kubernetes according to you that people don’t talk about?
- How important is a Docker file in the context of Kubernetes?
- What dock files can be used to secure kubernetes?
- Most sophisticated attack that you have seen in Kubernetes? And some simple attacks that people can check for as well?’
- What is the defense strategy when it comes to Kubernetes Security? What does automated defense look like in a Kubernetes world?
- What are security defaults to consider for Kubernetes managed by Cloud Service Providers?
- Does implement everything in CIS benchmark on the Kubernetes cluster make it secure?
- How do you start learning about Kubernetes?
- What is Kubernetes goat and its relevance to people learning Kubernetes?
- What are ways to control access to users at cluster level?
- Is there a lot of difference (from a security perspective) between different types of Kubernetes? (CSP vs self hosted Kubernetes)
- Why would someone go for a Cloud managed Kubernetes vs Self Hosted?
- Let’s take Dockerfiles as an example, any TTP that people can use to secure them?
- Is there Automated Defence possible in a Kubernetes Cluster at scale throughout the dev to prod?
- Someone listening who works for a startup or tech company and is looking at doing Kubernetes the right way, what should be some basic things they should consider doing in their kubernetes cluster?
- Applying Kubernetes security at scale – what does this mean and can you share an example of how this can be done – from dev to prod cycle?
- What do you see as a pattern when you see it as a big mistake when people are trying to implement Kubernetes?
- What are the common fires you hear people talk about when deploying Kuberenetes in their organisation or in your circle
- Kubernetes Goat – What is it and what kind of experience folks should be using it? Any programming background required?
- And much more…
THANKS, Madhu Akula!
If you enjoyed this session with Madhu Akula, let him know by clicking on the link below and sending her a quick shout out at Twitter:
Click here to thank Madhu Akula at Twitter!
Click here to let Ashish know about your number one takeaway from this episode!
And if you want us to answer your questions on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at email@example.com.
Resources from This Episode:
- Tools & services, discussed during the Interview
- Kubernetes Security Documentation (Official)
- CNCF SIG – Security WhitePaper (pdf)
- Katacoda – Learn Kubernetes using browser based Labs
- Janakiran MSV YouTube Channel
- Kubernetes Goat by Madhu Akula (Open Source)
- Kubernetes CIS Benchmark
- Security Automation with Ansible – Book by Madhu Akula and Akash Mahajan