What We Discuss with Ely Khan:
- 00:00 Intro
- 2:51 Ely’s journey to his job at AWS
- 4:46 Cloud Security in Govt vs Private Sector
- 7:20 TTPs in AWS
- 12:24 Are TTPs different for Small vs Big Organizations
- 13:24 Starting point for building Threat Hunting in AWS
- 16:39 Challenges that organisation will face with implementing AWS Security Tools
- 20:47 the Customer Request Feature from AWS is Coming soon?
- 23:24 Importance of Customer Feedback
- 24:38 Security products other than AWS Security Hub
- 28:53 Audit Manager Use Case
- 31:31 VPC Mirroring with Zeek (open source networking tool)
- 33:04 Do we need SIEM and AWS Security Hub?
- 36:18 Is AWS Security FedRAMP Approved?
- 37:22 Operationalizing AWS Security Products in a way that it scales
- 37:51 Goldman Sachs Cloud Security Workflow
- 46:35 Setting priority for Alerts being raised in AWS
- 50:03 Mature Security Workflow with Event Bridge
- 56:24 Fun Section
- And much more…
THANKS, Ely Khan!
If you enjoyed this session with Ely Khan, let him know by clicking on the link below and sending him a quick shout out at Twitter:
And if you want us to answer your questions on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resources from This Episode:
- AWS Security Reference Architecture – June,2021
- Deloitte AWS Audit Manager Whitepaper
- AWS Security Hub Security – Automated Response and Remediation
- Tools & services, discussed during the Interview