What We Discuss with Abisola DaySpring (Day) Johnson:
- 00:00 Intro
- 02:28 Day’s Professional Journey
- 03:06 Day’s Path into CyberSecurity Career
- 03:51 Threat Analyst Roles and Responsibilities
- 04:37 Difference between Threat Analyst and SOC Analyst
- 05:39 Why is SOC important for a Company?
- 08:51 Threat/SOC Analyst for Entry level role?
- 09:26 Is there a high bar to get into Entry Level SOC role?
- 10:11 Skills to be successful as Threat/SOC Analyst
- 12:28 What is EDR?
- 14:16 Responsibilities as Entry Level SOC
- 15:26 Historical Logs or Real time logs?
- 16:20 Job of an Engineer in SOC
- 17:22 What are the log sources?
- 19:45 College, Sophomore to SOC Analyst/Internship?
- 24:40 What kind of Lab can help prepare for SOC role?
- 25:57 Do you have to be technical to be a SOC Analyst?
- 27:14 What is a SIEM?
- 29:12 Soft skills for SOC role?
- 33:44 Standing out of Competition for SOC Analyst Roles
- 37:58 Do you have to work with Cloud Daily?
- 39:21 Audience Question – CyberSecurity Degree, Security+ with no CyberSecurity Experience
- 41:22 Can Personal Brand help Stand ahead of Competition
- 44:06 Hiring Manager perspective of SOC interviews
- Fun Section
- And much more…
THANKS, Abisola DaySpring (Day) Johnson!
If you enjoyed this session with Abisola DaySpring (Day) Johnson, let him know by clicking on the link below and sending him a quick shout out at Twitter:
And if you want us to answer your questions on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resources from This Episode:
- CyberWox Academy – Day’s YouTube Channel
- Tools & services, discussed during the Interview