What We Discuss with Abisola DaySpring (Day) Johnson:
- 00:00 Intro
- 02:28 Day’s Professional Journey
- 03:06 Day’s Path into CyberSecurity Career
- 03:51 Threat Analyst Roles and Responsibilities
- 04:37 Difference between Threat Analyst and SOC Analyst
- 05:39 Why is SOC important for a Company?
- 08:51 Threat/SOC Analyst for Entry level role?
- 09:26 Is there a high bar to get into Entry Level SOC role?
- 10:11 Skills to be successful as Threat/SOC Analyst
- 12:28 What is EDR?
- 14:16 Responsibilities as Entry Level SOC
- 15:26 Historical Logs or Real time logs?
- 16:20 Job of an Engineer in SOC
- 17:22 What are the log sources?
- 19:45 College, Sophomore to SOC Analyst/Internship?
- 24:40 What kind of Lab can help prepare for SOC role?
- 25:57 Do you have to be technical to be a SOC Analyst?
- 27:14 What is a SIEM?
- 29:12 Soft skills for SOC role?
- 33:44 Standing out of Competition for SOC Analyst Roles
- 37:58 Do you have to work with Cloud Daily?
- 39:21 Audience Question – CyberSecurity Degree, Security+ with no CyberSecurity Experience
- 41:22 Can Personal Brand help Stand ahead of Competition
- 44:06 Hiring Manager perspective of SOC interviews
- Fun Section
- And much more…
THANKS, Abisola DaySpring (Day) Johnson!
If you enjoyed this session with Abisola DaySpring (Day) Johnson, let him know by clicking on the link below and sending him a quick shout out at Twitter:
Click here to thank Abisola DaySpring(Day) Johnson at Twitter!
Click here to let Ashish know about your number one takeaway from this episode!
And if you want us to answer your questions on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resources from This Episode:
- CyberWox Academy – Day’s YouTube Channel
- Tools & services, discussed during the Interview